Friday, September 11, 2009

My baby snores...

Just not at the right times!


Somehow I trained my first daughter to sleep fast and hard in her bed. Rarely did we have to run upstairs to help her find the pacifier. Rebekah, on the other hand, is a whole different story. She has an alarm clock set to 3:00am. (Hence the name of this blog.) Just about every night I get to go upstairs to her room and be greeted with a grin from ear to ear. I try not to make eye contact because that is what all the "experienced" moms have told me to do. But inevitably one of three things happens:

1) Rebekah ends up falling back to sleep after I rock her in the rocking chair for a while (half the time I fall asleep there too).

2) Rebekah decides she is up for a while and for the next two hours we get to watch re-runs and info-mercials. You don't know how many times I have thought about sneaking into my bedroom to get my credit card from my purse! She will then fall asleep just in time for everyone to be getting up and ready to take big sister to school!

3) Rebekah gets to spend the rest of the night with us in our bed. Now this is an amazing thing. I vowed when I had my first baby that I would NEVER have a child sleep with us in our bed. I am a little freaked out by co-sleeping and am also a little over protective of my children. Kayla had no issues with this, so everything was fine with my proclamation. However, desperate times call for desperate measures! Rebekah will go back to sleep if I bring her to bed with me. I don't know if it is the 400 count Egyptian cotton that she likes or if it is the smell of Mama and Daddy or if it is the warmth of our bed. I do know that she will sleep and sleep hard for a good 4-5 hours in our bed.

So while I am getting the coffee going every morning I hear my sweet little baby girl snoring in MY bed!

0 comments: